Back-end developer (PHP)
We’re looking for a skilled and creative back-end developer who is comfortable with writing modern object-oriented PHP in Laravel. You’ll help build and expand our state-of-the-art API, which is compliant with the JSON:API specification.
The API is part of an ecosystem of services, each with its own responsibility within the product. It functions as a bridge between the data processing components and the frontend and is also actively used by customers and 3rd party integrators. It is therefore crucial that it’s well documented and thoroughly tested.
We value an open culture when it comes to technical decisions, and you’ll be a huge part of this. There’ll be plenty of freedom to choose your own coding environment and tools, but we do appreciate strict coding standards and documentation to ensure code quality and compatibility.
If you want to be part of a small international team, with very bright growth potential, and you’re a highly-skilled PHP developer, then we’d really like to talk to you!
What you'll do
- Produce clean, well documented and testable code
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify requirements
- Integrate with our data processing services
- Refactor existing code to stay on top of latest developments
- Create public facing API documentation for our customers
- Follow security and industry best practices
- Learn new things!
- Proven work experience as a PHP developer (4+ years)
- Hands on experience with Laravel
- Knowledge of modern PHP features
- Attention to detail
- You feel comfortable within a fast-paced work environment
- Strong communicator and team player
- Bonus points: experience with other languages (TS, Go)
We're a tech company
- Microservices architecture
- Deploy with docker & bare-bones
- One-click builds
- TypeScript and Go for new projects
- Choose your own tools & platform
- Plenty of time to experiment
- We value creative thinking and original design
- Plenty opportunity to take on a senior developer role
We're a social company
- Good coffee, company lunch
- Friday drinks & pizza
- Play table tennis and Oculus Rift
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time off policy
- Pension fund plan
- Stock Appreciation Rights plan
- Family friendly / part-time contracts possible