Back-end developer (Go)
We are looking for an accomplished Go developer to take primary responsibility for the maintenance of a small number of backend components within the Exivity cloud billing solution and to become a key member of the backend development team.
This role also entails being involved in the design, implementation and maintenance of additional components going forwards.
Our company culture allows for flexible working hours and a large degree of self-management so things like starting later in the day, working from home.
You’ll be working closely with our lead backend C developer, sharing your knowledge and experience of Go to assist them and others to learn and improve their abilities with the language.
Experience of C would be highly valued, although not essential for this position. However if necessary it would be expected that you are willing to improve your C programming skills, in order to provide developer-level support for back end components written in C.
What you'll do
- Actively contribute to the design and planning of new features and components
- Produce clean, robust and testable code
- Write clear documentation
- Maintain and support existing code (bugfixes, feature enhancements etc.)
- Provide developer-level support for the customer-facing team
- Follow security and industry best practices
- Proven work experience as a Go developer (2+ years)
- Familiarity with SQL (we use PostgreSQL and SQLite)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to research and learn new things
- You feel comfortable within a fast-paced work environment
- Strong communicator and team player
- Experience of developing against large data repositories would be advantageous
- Bonus points: experience with other languages (C, PHP)
We're a tech company
- Microservices architecture
- Deploy with docker & bare-bones
- One-click builds
- TypeScript and Go for new projects
- Choose your own tools & platform
- Plenty of time to experiment
- We value creative thinking and original design
- Plenty opportunity to take on a senior developer role
We're a social company
- Good coffee, company lunch
- Friday drinks & pizza
- Play table tennis and Oculus Rift
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time off policy
- Pension fund plan
- Stock Appreciation Rights plan
- Family friendly / part-time contracts possible